Action star Sylvester Stallone announced that the film The Expendables 4, the exact release date in Russia, whose actors and plot are unknown and the trailer has not been released, will still be released. However, in 2017, Stallone refused to work due to disagreements with one of the producers, the production stalled, but after 2 years the work resumed, and the premiere could take place already in 2020.
The rating of the expectations of the film (KinoPoisk) is 90%.
Video:3rd part trailer
The expendables 4
Genre: action, thriller, adventure
Producer: is unknown
Release date: 2020 (unofficially)
Cast: Sylvester Stallone, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Arnold Schwarzenegger and others.
The focus of the franchise is a squad of elite mercenaries who perform a variety of dangerous tasks, saving the world.
These guys met when someone "Temple" hired them to eliminate one general - the ruler of the Latin American island. However, circumstances and the target are changing, but the team quickly adapts and defeats all their opponents. In the next part of one of the "Expendables" they kill, and the rest of the squad members avenge their comrade. Well, the last film showed the audience an unexpected turn of events, which shocked many fans of the franchise.
What will the creators say in the new film? Another dangerous task, where old friends will meet again. Actor Sylvester Stallone told how he wants to see the continuation:
"I like to represent the team in somewhat unnatural conditions, where the whole squad would feel at ease."
The start of production of the 4th part was announced even before the release of the movie The Expendables 3 (2016). However, the last part was criticized for visual effects and the “teenage” rating, and its fees were not as large as in the previous parts. However, this did not stop the creators from announcing the 4th part. But in 2017, Sylvester Stallone, the creator of the trilogy, abandoned his role and director's chair due to disagreements with producers who wanted to invite the Bulgarian studio Nu Boyana Film Studios, which was responsible for special effects in the previous parts.
Splendid Film Studio bought the rights to film distribution in 2018. In 2019, Stallone returned to the franchise. The director of the film has not yet been appointed, but the authors of the script are already known - they became Gregory Poirier (Gossip, Treasure of the Nation: Book of Secrets, Agent Spot, Spy Next Door, Missing), Dave Callaham ("Doom", "The Revealer", "Godzilla", "Jean-Claude Van Johnson").
- Avi Lerner (“Finding Lola”, “Crazy for Love”, “Escobar”, “Undisputed 2”, “Hellboy”, “Poison Rose”, “Fall of the Angel”);
- Stephen Paul ("Brilliant Babies", "Carmel", "Ghost Rider 2", "Dark Arinz", "Ghost in the Shell");
- Krista Campbell ("The Abode of the Damned", "Crazy for Love", "Rob the Loot", "Insurer", "Big Wedding").
Actors and roles
As it turned out, following Sylvester Stallone (“Rocky”, “Rambo: First Blood”, “It's Us”, “Escape Plan”, “Judge Dredd”, “Return Point”), Arnold Schwarzenegger (“Terminator”, also left the franchise “Predator”, “True lie”, “Remember everything”, “Consequences”, “Escape plan”), but then returned. Also, Jean-Claude Van Damme (“Kickboxer”, “Blood Sport”, “Difficult Target”, “AWOL”, “Lux”, “We Die Young”) hinted that he would return to work on part 4.
Did you know that:
- The total fees of all 3 films are about $ 804 million with a total budget of 270 million.
- In the failure of the third part, the producers blame the pirates who posted the film in the "cloud". Free downloads became the reason that few viewers attended the movie premiere.
- Longtime friends actors Sylvester Stallone and Dolph Lundgren announced a new joint project - "The International". Stallone will act as a producer, and Lundgren will play the main role of the UN secret agent.
- Avi Lerner commented on the situation with the conflict that arose over Stallone: “Yes, we have disagreements, each of us will be of our own opinion. But I do not think that the project should be put an end to it, to be continued, but without Sylvester.” But both filmmakers are still on friendly terms.
- According to unofficial information from the latest news, the female version of The Expendables will be shown in 4 parts. However, these rumors are not commented on by the creators. And Sylvester Stallone said that such information is "untrue."
- For filming in the 4th part, Sylvester Stallone was offered a fee of $ 20 million.
Fans have to wait for the announcement of the exact release date in Russia, the actors and the plot of the movie The Expendables 4, whose trailer has not yet been released. The fact that former actors, including Sylvester Stallone, agreed to return about the franchise, is a good sign, and the age limit of 18+ hints that the sequel will be created in the spirit of the first two parts.