Good news for all fans of the fantasy world created by George Martin called “A Song of Ice and Fire” - the other day, the filming of the first episode of the series “Long Night”, which will be a prequel to “Game of Thrones” ending in May 2019, started. HBO did not dare to order the whole season, but wants to see how the audience will react to the pilot episode.
The filming began in a place already familiar to the audience - this is Northern Ireland, which for many years served as the center of production of the Game of Thrones. It is not clear whether the prequel will be removed in other countries.
The director of the project was S.J. Clarkson, known for such works as Dexter, Bad Girls, House Doctor, Banshees, Defenders, and Heirs). The producers were the writer George Martin and Jane Goldman himself, who presented the idea of filming "Long Night" ("Stardust", "Kick-Ass", "X-Men: Days of the Future Past", "Kingsman: Secret Service", "Golem").
According to Jane, the events of the show will unfold over 5000 thousand years before the events of the original series. George Martin explained how they would be different: “Westeros is a completely different place. There will be no king. There is no iron throne here. The Targariens have not yet shown themselves - Valiria barely began to take her dragon’s first steps towards creating a great Empire. This is completely another, older world, and hopefully it will become one of the most intriguing parts of the series. "
The show boasts an cast led by Naomi Watts (Twin Peaks, Painted Veil, Glass Castle), as well as other actors:
- Naomi Aki ("Lady Macbeth", "Doctor Who");
- Denise Gough (“What Remains After You,” “Robin Hood,” “Born to Become a King”);
- Miranda Richardson (Empire of the Sun, Sleepy Hollow, The Phantom of the Opera),
- Georgie Hanley (The Chronicles of Narnia);
- Josh Whitehouse (Poldark);
- Jamie Campbell Bauer (Prisoner, Camelot, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones);
- Sheila Atim (Courtesans);
- Ivano Jeremiah ("People", "Doctor Who", "Black Mirror");
- Alex Sharp (Otpostnye scammers, To the Bones);
- Toby Rugbo (Kingdom, Treasure Island).
The latest news that the shooting of the first episode of the series "Long Night", the prequel to "Game of Thrones", still started, can not but rejoice the fans. Perhaps the show will appeal to the audience and capture millions of hearts, as did the project "Game of Thrones".