The Marvel Film Company has proven that it works well not only in feature films like Avengers, but also in great series. One of these was the series “Cloak and Dagger”, the release date of the 2nd season is set for 2019, the actors are known, and the trailer is available for viewing. And you can already watch the first season online.
The rating of the series on IMDb is estimated at 7.00.
Cloak & Dagger
Genre: fantasy, fantasy, drama, action
Producer: Jennifer Fang, Alex Garcia Lopez, Paul A. Edwards
World Release: April 4, 2019
Cast: Olivia Holt, Aubrey Joseph, Gloria Ruben, J.D. Evermore, Miles Massenden, Noel Reni Bersi, Dilshad Vadsaria, Andrea Roth, Emma Lahana, Brooklyn McLinn and others.
How can superpowers affect the normal romantic relationship between two teenagers?
Fan Art and Concept
So, the first season told us how two completely different teens, Thandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson, found each other and fell in love. However, their love is not quite ordinary - both have supernatural abilities, and when they are next to each other, then their strengths increase many times. But these forces have added a lot of new trouble, because with them the already complex teenage world becomes even more unpredictable.
In the new season, both will have to face an old friend who turned out to be the most dangerous supervillain, and also choose which side they are on: the side of evil or good.
Director and crew
Even before the premiere of the first season, the series was already extended to a second.
The director's place was taken by several people at once: Jennifer Fang ("Space", "Exorcist", "Particularly serious crimes", "Quantico Base"); Alex Garcia Lopez ("Daredevil", "Bad", "Utopia", "Secret girl diary on call"); Paul A. Edwards ("Lost", "Edge", "Heroes", "Living Target", "Unusual Family"). The authors of the script were Joe Pokaski ("Heroes", "Daredevil", "Investigation Jordan"); Ed Hunningan (The Great Spider-Man); Bill Mantlo (Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Infinity War). Mark Aisham became the composer, known for such projects as: "White Captive", "Military Diver", "Writers of Freedom", "Once Upon a Time").
The release date for the series in Russia is still unknown, but the world premiere is scheduled for April 4.
Jennifer Phang, Alex Garcia Lopez, Paul A. Edwards
Actors and roles
Starred in the series:
- Olivia Holt as Thandy Bowen / Dagger (Dance Fever, Fairies: The Legend of the Beast, Status: Updated);
- Aubrey Joseph as Tyrone Johnson / Cloak (Law & Order, One Night, Night Fighter, Burning Mask);
- Gloria Ruben in the role of Adina Johnson ("Flash", "Patrol of Time", "Ambulance", "Slaughter Department");
- J. D. Evermore in the role of Connors ("Mistakes of the Past", "Infected," "Django Special", "True Detective");
- Miles Massenden in the role of Otis Johnson ("Very Strange Things", "To Death is Beautiful", "Tonya Against Everyone", "Secret and Falsehood");
- Noel Renee Bercy as Evita Fusiler;
- Dilshad Vadsaria in the role of Leah Devon ("Get it in 30 minutes", "University", "Castle", "Revenge", "Bones");
- Andrea Roth as Melissa Bowen ("Save Me", "Double", "Last Turn", "Collector", "Robocop");
- Emma Lahana as Bridget O'Reilly (“Dear Mr. Gacy,” “Power Rangers”);
- Brooklyn McLinn as Andre Deschain (Shameless, Shield, Justice, Bones).
Season One Reviews
Basically, the first season of the series received positive reviews, as can be seen from its rating. On the site Rotten tomato they respond about him like this:
- Teamwork is where the true strength of the Marvel Cloak and Dagger hides. And we cannot ignore the radiant connection between Thandy and Tyrone.
- I really liked Cloak and Dagger. I am intrigued by the mystery surrounding Tyrone and Tandy's forces, not feeling overwhelmed by the machinations of unexpected turns.
And so they responded to it on the site Variety:
- "Cloak & Dagger," more suited to the Netflix genre, demonstrates Marvel in all its rigidity - but it has immediate appeal thanks to thoughtful editing, meticulous characterization of characters and frankly surreal storytelling.
Did you know that:
- In the original comics, Cloak is a bad street boy, and the Dagger comes from a privileged, well-educated family. The series completely changed the history and images of the characters. The cloak is now a student in a specialized school, and the Dagger is a street thief with high intelligence;
- The character of Detective O'Reilly is mentioned in the episode of season 2 of “Luke Cage.” Luke Cage said: “If it’s not rude, it’s not right,” this statement is related to the fact that he recently moved to New Orleans. This is the first example of a cross-platform Marvel Cinematic Universe television show with an established connection;
- Roxon Corporation has been a regular partner in the MCU universe, first appearing on a sign in Iron Man (2008); then became a sponsor of the F1 race in Monaco in the film "Iron Man 2", and also appeared in "Iron Man 3" as an oil and gas company.
Event for Cloak & Dagger (2018)
The trailer for the 2nd season of the series “Cloak and Dagger” with the release date in 2019 and with famous actors will show more details of the plot, as well as its new interesting twists that fans will definitely like. The season itself will become darker and more attractive than the first just because of these details.